A quarter of the year has almost past us by and it has not been the best quarter of the year. During January and February I was ill with horrible virus’s. March has been virus free more or less but I have had other issues. Besides that there has been snow.
UPDATE… About Me
As mentioned above I have been more or less virus free for most of March. I did however have a huge lump come up at the back of my knee last Sunday. My mother decided I should go to the Doctors. I went to the Doctors on Monday morning and ended up at the hospital for two days having tests. Only yo be told they did not know what the lump was.
The past few days I have been in pain with my leg and for some bizarre reason my back. Since Thursday the top of my back has been very painful. It was particularly painful this morning when I woke. I was already grumpy due to being sleepy and being in pain was not helpful. As much as I look forward to the warm weather, I do not enjoy the clocks springing forward.
Milly’s Guide inspired me to look for Five things a week that I am grateful for. However, for most of March I have forgotten to post them. I have been so tired on a Friday that it has completely past me by.
I will begin the #FridayFive again this week.
During March I managed to walk 58 miles according to my pedometer, despite the bad leg and the snow.
365 DAYS OF HAPPINESS
On the 1st April I will begin the 365 Days of Happiness. It involves writing on thing down everyday that has made me happy or smile. I have prepared my BuJo Pages and I am ready to begin.
MEAT FREE MONDAY’S
At the beginning of March I decided I was going to do Meat Free Mondays. I will be continuing this during the summer but on alternative weeks.
Now the clocks have sprung forward it will hopefully be easier to find time to do more exercise. I don’t know about you but in the winter, especially with the arrival of the snow, I just want to hibernate. I really have no motivation at all.
- Yoga & Pilates – I have tried a few Yoga positions nothing too extreme just some light stretching. I have also done a little Pilates.
- Arm Weights – I have brought some arm weights and whenever I find 5 minutes I do a few exercises.
- The Plank – I have been trying to do this at least once a day and the time is lengthening, which means my core is strengthening.
- Water – I have upped my water intake again. I try to drink at least a litre a day while I’m at work. I am at about 1.5 litres a day now. There is the odd day where I don’t drink as much but I miss it when I don’t have it.
THINGS TO DO
- Start the Green Tea drinking once more – This has been on my to do list for a few months. I have not brought any bags yet. It slips my mind when I go shopping.
- Healthy Lunches – Buddha Bowls – In all honesty I am waiting for it to get a bit warmer before I begin the Buddha Bowls. I have had a few slip ups where healthy lunches are concerned, but I will get back on track.
- Running 5K Training – Not a lot of training has been happening but hopefully as the weather gets a bit warmer I will get out more
I really want to drop at least two dress sizes by August. Though getting fit is my ultimate goal, I want to also be slimmer.
A to Z APRIL CHALLENGE
During the month of April I will be participating in the A to Z April Challenge. My theme for this year is “ME and MY BLOG”. I am hoping this will help my to focus on my blog more and also sort out a few of my own goals and aspirations.
I hope to see you throughout the April. Happy Blogging xx