I have combined Books & Reading and Writing & Blogging for two reasons. The first is that they link together nicely and secondly I am running out of time to complete all of my updates.
Books & Reading
- (34) Read 60 Books 28/60 – I am a bit behind with my reading this year. I still have 5 books to read to meet my target. We have 5 weeks left. I think I can do it.
- (35) Read War and Peace – I am beginning this is January 2018 once I have finished the bible.
- (36) Re-read Jane Austen’s main 6 Novels – I am planning on reading these in one go. I am aiming for the summer.
- (37) Go to a Book Signing – I have been trying to get to the Angus Donald signings but I couldn’t get there. So, I am going to have to find another author.
- (38) Visit the Local Library 5 times 3/5 – Sadly the problem here is that when I am in town I run out of time. I will make some time though once the Christmas crowds have disappeared.
- (39) Try at Least 15 New Authors within Item 34 – 9/15 – I added this due to the fact I either read the same books over and over again or just find books by the same authors all the time. I am a creature of habit.
- (40) Donate all Old Books – I have done this. Every time I finish with a book I donate it either to someone else or the charity shop. I have only kept my Austen and the spin off’s.
Writing & Blogging
- (41) Complete NaNoWriMo Again – This is planned for November 2018 (in fact that will be my last chance before the end of the 101 List.
- (42) Maintain my Blog by posting at least once a week – I have missed a couple of weeks, but I am doing a lot better than last year. 2018 I am aiming for every week.
- (43) Publish an E-book – I need to do some research into this again.
- (44) Complete the April A – Z Challenge again – April 2017 – I love this challenge which is why I enjoy taking part in it. I am planning on participating again during 2018.
- (45) Maintain my Writers notebook – I am maintaining this at least once a week. I am very please with myself. I chose a NU A4 Project Book and I am really enjoying using it. I have separate sections – Story Ideas, Characters, World Building and Writing Reference. It’s nice an thick so I can store plenty of things. Below are a couple of photos from my notebook. Obviously not from my story ideas.. but from the other sections.
Above are some notes I took about planing stories. I like to keep bits of information I stumble across.
I was looking at different modes of transportation and one animal that turned up was the elephant. So, I made few notes and added some pictures. I like adding pictures to my notebook it makes it more interesting to look through and aids with description.
Hope you enjoyed my update.