It has been so long since I have completed one of these posts I have lost my train of thought with it.
My physical health is actually improving a little. The pain in my chest (well actually it is my breast bone) is improving. I have copied the name of what I was diagnosed with off Google as I am unable to pronounce it otherwise with a little bit of information that explains it better than me.
Costochondritis – is inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join the costal cartilage that attaches them to the breastbone (sternum). Costochondritis causes localized chest wall pain and tenderness that can be reproduced by pushing on the involved cartilage in the front of the rib cage
Besides that I also had inflammation in my lungs which is now improving too.
The only real issue I have at the moment is Arthritis pain – stiff knees mainly but various aches and pains happen on a daily basis. I just have to take each day at a time and try not to push myself too much.
About 6 weeks ago I decided I was going to come off the anti-depressants. I went on them initially to give my brain a rest. I was focusing too much on things that were out of my control.
The short of it is – is that I feel as though I am in a good place “mentally” at the moment. Things may not be going the way I want them to be but it is out of my control and it will happen when it happens. SO I am going to focus on what I can control.
One of those things is my art/creative work. For 2017 my word for the year was Create – though I have not done as much as I would like I have begun to create things and I have lots of ideas.
101 Things in 1001 Days
If you read my “Hello November” post you will be aware that this month I am updating and re-addressing my 101 Things in 1001 Days list. I am nearly half way through the 1001 days so I have just over 500 days to address the Health and Fitness part of my 101 List.
Health & Fitness Update
- (9) Establish a Healthy Lunch routine for work and stick to it for a month – Completed – September 2017 (& is ongoing)
- (10) Drop 3 dress sizes – I did drop nearly 2 dress sizes however I gained one again. So at the moment it is 1.5 dress sizes
- (11) Get fit enough to run 5k – This got put on hold due to the chest infection thing that I have. I do plan on going running again soon.
- (12) Hold the Plank for 2 minutes – At the moment it is about 15 seconds. A long way to go still.
- (13) Go running at 6 am at least once – I plan on doing this either before it gets too cold or in the spring.
- (14) Be able to do the splits again – This is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but progress is being made.
- (15) Create a Health, Well Being & Fitness Inspiration Book
I have actually completed on item in this section, which I am pleased about. It would have 2 only I started my Inspiration Book again. I will include some photos of this in future posts.
Plans for the Next Two Weeks
Every two weeks I am going to add 5 things that I am going to work on for the fortnight… Below is this fortnights 5 things
- Drink at least 4 glasses of water a day – this has dropped off a bit over the past couple of weeks
- Do at least 20 minutes of walking a day
- Start Yoga and Pilates
- Think of a way to add new things to my healthy lunch
- Remember to take photos for this post to make it more visually interesting.
Next Health and Well Being Post – Sunday 19 November 2017